Discover whisky

Did you know?

more intriguing facts to come later ......

example whisky banner

Duncan Taylor

Duncan Taylor and Co. were set up in Glasgow in 1938 with the plan to bottle and blend whisky for export to america. They are now based in the town of huntly, close to the speyside region. Duncan Taylor are reported to have one of the largest privately held collections of rare whisky casks in the world and bottle approximately 200 different whiskies a year. Their range is extensive and has numerous branches to it. the 'battlehill' range are younger malts bottled at 43% ABV, the 'nc2' are mainly single casks aged between 12 and 17 years and bottled at 46% abv, the 'Duncan Taylor collection' are single casks bottled at natural cask strength and can be malts or grain whisky that has been aged between 17 and 42 years. They have two premium lines the 'rarest of the rare', which as the name suggests, are whiskies of great age from demolished distilleries and these are bottled from single casks at cask strength. The 'lonach' are whiskies of over 30 years old. Also bottled by Duncan Taylor is the 'big smoke', which are young smoky islay whiskies one of which is released at 40% ABV and the other at 60% ABV.

web - www.dtcscotch.com